Scroll Down for More “Need-to-Know” Info
Other Camp Notes
- Sleeping bag or blankets, pillow, linens and towels
- Fan/Snacks/Water for Dorm Room (optional)
- Toiletries and Shower Shoes
- Alarm clock
- Completed and signed Release and Waiver Form
- Practice clothes, tennis shoes/dance shoes, sweatshirt or jacket (Dressy clothes not necessary)
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water bottle to keep with you during class times
- Spending money to use at the Varsity Spirit Shop (optional)
- Most participants bring $50 – $55 for snacks, water, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc. (optional)
- Matching uniforms/outfits for evaluations, etc. (optional) – Spirit and Dance Camps Only
- MP3 player with speaker (these are not provided at camp). Note: Each school will receive a code which will allow you to download the USA Summer Camp music.
- Activity equipment (e.g. poms, mascot costume, etc.).
- Signs, poms, megaphones, banners and flags to incorporate into Game-Action Cheers Evaluation – Spirit Camps Only
For program specific curriculum and evaluation information, please see the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
We value your feedback! In addition to the curriculum specific How Was Camp form given on the last day of camp, we would love to have each coach attending camp provide their feedback via a short digital survey. Either text “USA” to 36698 or visit usa.varsity.com/survey to get started!
Be part of something bigger! Please remind each participant to bring 2 addresses to camp to complete the 2 St. Jude letters for the Squad Credentialing program. Students completing 5 letters will receive a St. Jude pin!
USA/UCLA Spirit Spectacular, Cal Spirit Day or Sac State Spirit Day!
Take part in an exciting on field performance and experience the best of college game days!
- UCLA vs. Hawaii football game on September 9, 2017, at the historic Rose Bowl!
- Sac State vs. Southern Utah football game on September 23, 2017, at Hornet Stadium!
- Cal vs. Oregon State football game on November 4, 2017, at Memorial Stadium!
Ask your State Director for more information!
Cheer — Jesa Herman (email@example.com)
Song/Pep Flag/Dance — Nicole Cestone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Want even more one-on-one time with a USA Instructor?
Sign up for GAMETIME LIVE! Schedule a USA Instructor to watch you in action on the sideline in the fall, then get immediate verbal feedback, followed up with written feedback and a 2 hour private clinic to make adjustments that will wow your crowd!
Need a unity routine for a pep rally or halftime? Call your State Director! We can add transitions and stunts that will pull your routines and program together on the field and off.
Travel with the USA!
Students selected as All Americans at camp have the opportunity to travel to London with Varsity Spirit and perform in the London New Year’s Day Parade. Have fun meeting other spiritleaders, dancers and drum majors from across the country and make amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
Captains and co-captains have the opportunity to take part in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular in Orlando, Florida, while Superior Plaque winners can take part in a fun Citrus Bowl performance over New Year’s!
Click HERE for more info!