Scroll Down for More “Need-to-Know” Info
Other Camp Notes
Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel –REGISTRATION, CAMP OFFICE, CAMP STORE
7675 Crescent Ave
Buena Park, CA 90620
Traveling East or West on the 91 Freeway
Exit Beach Blvd and go south, toward Knott’s Berry Farm
Stay to your right, the theme park will be on your right hand side.
Follow to Crescent Ave. and turn right. The hotel will be on your right-hand side.
HOTEL CHECK-IN/CAMP REGISTRATION (BALLROOM FOYER – 3rd FLOOR – KNOTT’S BERRY FARM RESORT HOTEL)
Check-in time for the hotel is officially 4:00 PM. Rooms likely will not be available before that time.
As a reminder, all quad and triple rooms will consist of two double beds. If you have more than 2 people registered to a room, they will be sharing a bed.
For those who have registered for a 3-night stay, your rooms may not be available until after 4:00 PM on Monday, July 10th. Upon your arrival Monday morning, please proceed to the USA camp registration check-in at the ballroom foyer on the 3rd floor at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel to receive your camp information. Camp registration for Monday check-in begins at 9:00 AM. We ask that you leave your bags in your vehicle until your rooms are ready. If you do not have a vehicle to leave bags in, you may leave them in a room designated by the hotel after you have registered for camp.
The hotel has informed us that USA guests will be issued rooms as soon as they become available. Should rooms become available while you are in classes, the USA staff will notify you that keys may be picked up during the next break in classes.
Hotel check-out is 11:00 AM on Thursday, July 13th. Please note that on the day of departure, your room key will no longer work after 11:00 AM, however camp does not end until approximately 1:30 p.m. that day. You must make arrangements to leave your luggage in vehicles, or in a room designated by the hotel/USA staff, as late check-out will not be available on Thursday. Please remove all items from your sleeping room prior to this time. When departing the hotel, one representative from each room must clear the account for the room.
For “residential” attendees staying overnight at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel through the USA package, parking is $7.00 per vehicle per night. Buses for “residential” attendees may be parked at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel for $20.00 per bus per night. Hotel staff will direct you the designated parking area for buses.
You must park only in designated parking stalls. Parking rates subject to change.
The car parking fee is discounted for camp participants staying at the host hotel. Parents/family/friends and commuter (“day”) students will pay a slightly higher rate. Parents dropping their students off at the hotel may do so at no charge, but their vehicle must be removed from in front of the hotel immediately after dropping off their child.
Please be advised that for safety/security, and to help provide a focused teaching environment, the USA Resort camp will be closed to all visitors with the exception of the following:
- Opening Ceremonies (Day 1) – Monday, July 10th – 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Cheer: Home Cheer Evaluation (Night 1) – Monday, July 10th – 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Dance: Showtime USA (Night 1) — Monday, July 10th — 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Closing Ceremonies (Day 3) – Thursday, July 13th – 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
We ask that you please not arrive for closing ceremonies prior to 11:00 a.m. on the final day, so that our students may stay focused on the camp curriculum for the final day of camp.
Parents, family, friends wishing to come as spectators at either of the times above please note the following:
- The location of these events for CHEER will be the Knott’s Berry Farm Picnic Grounds. This area is located to the north of the Independence Hall attraction and Soak City, on the east side of Beach Blvd.
- The location of these events for DANCE will be in the ballroom at the hotel.
- There are various options available for parking, including:
- You may park at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel and walk to the picnic grounds (roughly 10 minutes). The cost is $18/per vehicle. (subject to change)
- You may park in the Knott’s Berry Farm Theme Park or Soak City lots off of Beach Blvd. and walk to the picnic grounds (roughly 3-4 minutes). The cost is $18 per vehicle. (subject to change)
- For safety and security reasons, no items may be brought into the picnic grounds (i.e. coolers, chairs, etc.).
- Although there will be programming other than the hours listed above, the above times are the only times that parents/family/friends will be invited as spectators to camp. At all other times, only officially registered students/advisors/coaches will be permitted at camp.
- For those who will drop-off their students on the first day of camp and then come back for Showtime/Home Cheer Evaluation, there are multiple dining facilities in the area, including one in the hotel, and also Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant outside of the main theme park. There is also a large mall within a few blocks of the resort.
- If you choose to park at the hotel and then walk to the picnic grounds to watch cheer, please see the map above with the footprints or you may obtain directions from any USA staff member or at the hotel front desk.
All meals will be provided at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel. Meals will follow a stagger schedule, which will be designated by the USA staff. Your staff will inform you of meal dismissal times during classes.
For this camp, meals are provided for both commuter and residential attendees as part of camp registration fees.
Dinner on Monday, July 10th will be the first meal for camp.
The USA staff will conduct staggers for all lunches and dinners. We ask that when you are dismissed for a meal that you please proceed immediately to the ballroom to help keep lines to a minimum.
All meals will be served at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel – wristbands and/or meal tickets for admission will be required. No bathing suits are permitted. Please no cheering in the dining areas during meals. Food will be served buffet style. In order to expedite service, please leave the dining areas as soon as you finish eating and please bus your own dishes.
If you or anyone from your group has a severe food allergy or is a vegetarian, please communicate that with Kim Betts, firstname.lastname@example.org, immediately.
For rules and procedures (including camp rules, videotaping policy, etc.), please visit the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
In addition to the general camp rules and procedures in the Event Paperwork, please see below for rules specific to this camp.
GENERAL RULES: The hotel will have guests staying on property who are not part of the USA Resort Camp. We both anticipate and appreciate everyone’s cooperation in being respectful of other guests at all times.
In addition, the following rules will be instituted during camp in order to ensure safety and effective operation of the camp.
- Stereos and television set volume in rooms must be kept at a level so as not to disturb other guests.
- Room hallways may not be used as a common meeting area or for practicing routines. Meeting must take place in individual rooms or in hotel lobbies/lounges.
- Practicing outdoors may not begin prior to 8:30 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Nothing may be hung from balconies.
- The swimming pool will be open for use during lunch and dinner breaks. The pool closes at 10:00 p.m. each night.
— Stunting is not permitted in the pool or on the pool deck
— There is no lifeguard present – use of the pool facilities is at your own risk
The above information may change (including room locations) and will be updated upon your arrival at camp. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-886-4872.
INCIDENTALS: The cost of rooms has been paid in full by the USA prior to your arrival. Upon check in guests will be asked to submit a credit card or a cash deposit. However if a guest does not have a credit card or cash, the hotel’s front desk agents will at this point turn off all charging privileges. If you wish to have access to long distance calls, movies or charging room service to the room, you must provide the front desk with a credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Incidental expenses incurred during your stay at the hotel must be paid by individuals at the time of check-out. The USA will not be held responsible for extra expenses. If the incidental expenses are not paid at the time of check-out, an additional service charge of 20% will be added to the outstanding bill.
ROOM SERVICE/CONVENIENCE STORE: Room service is available, as is a small gift shop near the main lobby of the hotel.
SIGNS/POSTERS: We recommend that you not bring signs/decorations as they will not be permitted in common areas such as halls, lobbies, etc.
ELEVATORS: Attendees are requested to use the stairwells to reduce elevator traffic, especially when coming down for classes.
SECURITY: Please be sure to lock your room at all times. Should you be locked out during the camp, you will need to go to the front desk for a replacement key. Identification will be required.
This is a closed camp; therefore, visitors are not permitted at any time, except for Opening Ceremonies, Home Cheer/Showtime Evaluation on the first evening of camp and Closing Ceremonies on the final day of camp. You will be given bands at USA registration that each participant must wear throughout the camp on their ankle or have attached to a bag that is carried with them. This is your identification as an official camp attendee. These bands will be used for identification during classes and at meals.
Should you have any security issues, please phone the front desk immediately.
VIDEO TAPING: Due to the need for preparation and personal time, staff/faculty will not be able to film routines individually for attendees prior to or after class. We appreciate your cooperation in following these policies.
The USA Camp Office will be located in the Modjeska Boardroom in the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel once camp begins.
A camp store will be open for the purchase of souvenir items. It will be located in a ballroom at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel.
- Completed and signed Release and Waiver Form
- Practice clothes, tennis shoes/dance shoes, sweatshirt or jacket (Dressy clothes not necessary)
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water bottle to keep with you during class times
- Spending money to use at the Varsity Spirit Shop (optional)
- Most participants bring $50 – $55 for snacks, water, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc. (optional)
- Matching uniforms/outfits for evaluations, etc. (optional) – Spirit and Dance Camps Only
- MP3 player with speaker (these are not provided at camp). Note: Each school will receive a code which will allow you to download the USA Summer Camp music.
- Activity equipment (e.g. poms, mascot costume, etc.).
- Signs, poms, megaphones, banners and flags to incorporate into Game-Action Cheers Evaluation – Spirit Camps Only
- Rally Attire – See Rally Night Information Form – Spirit Camps Only
The “Hooray for the Holidays” Rally provides an opportunity to have fun with your squad by dressing up in your favorite holiday costumes as you celebrate your most favorite time of the year! Get creative, have fun and make unforgettable memories with your team and with the USA Staff!
Teams are encouraged to dress up and celebrate their favorite holiday of the year. From Santa’s elves or vampires to bunnies or leprechauns, it will definitely be a fun night to remember! Dress up and have fun showing off your most wonderful time of the year. Hooray for the Holidays!
For program specific curriculum and evaluation information, please see the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
We value your feedback! In addition to the curriculum specific How Was Camp form given on the last day of camp, we would love to have each coach attending camp provide their feedback via a short digital survey. Either text “USA” to 36698 or visit usa.varsity.com/survey to get started!
Be part of something bigger! Please remind each participant to bring 2 addresses to camp to complete the 2 St. Jude letters for the Squad Credentialing program. Students completing 5 letters will receive a St. Jude pin!
USA/UCLA Spirit Spectacular!
SAVE THE DATE! If you are a USA Summer Camp customer, you have the opportunity to perform on the field with the USA Staff in front of thousands of college football fans at the UCLA vs. Hawaii football game on September 9, 2017, at the historic Rose Bowl!
Get a game ticket, practice time with USA Staff to brush up on material, a souvenir and experience college game day at its finest all included in one low price!
Ask your State Director for more information!
Want even more one-on-one time with a USA Instructor?
Sign up for GAMETIME LIVE! Schedule a USA Instructor to watch you in action on the sideline in the fall, then get immediate verbal feedback, followed up with written feedback and a 2 hour private clinic to make adjustments that will wow your crowd!
Need a unity routine for a pep rally or halftime? Call your State Director! We can add transitions and stunts that will pull your routines and program together on the field and off.
Travel with the USA!
Students selected as All Americans at camp have the opportunity to travel to London with Varsity Spirit and perform in the London New Year’s Day Parade. Have fun meeting other spiritleaders, dancers and drum majors from across the country and make amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
NEW — Cheer Superior Plaque Winners & Dance Teamwork Award Winners are invited to take part in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl performance.
Captains and co-captains have the opportunity to take part in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular in Orlando, Florida! Look out for more information — CLICK HERE for info on Special Events!