Scroll Down for More “Need-to-Know” Info
Other Camp Notes
- Sleeping bag or blankets, pillow, linens and towels
- Fan/Snacks/Water for Dorm Room (optional)
- Toiletries and Shower Shoes
- Alarm clock
- Completed and signed Release and Waiver Form
- Practice clothes, tennis shoes/dance shoes, sweatshirt or jacket (Dressy clothes not necessary)
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water bottle to keep with you during class times
- Spending money to use at the Varsity Spirit Shop (optional)
- Most participants bring $50 – $55 for snacks, water, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc. (optional)
- Matching uniforms/outfits for evaluations, etc. (optional) – Spirit and Dance Camps Only
- MP3 player with speaker (these are not provided at camp). Note: Each school will receive a code which will allow you to download the USA Summer Camp music.
- Activity equipment (e.g. poms, mascot costume, etc.).
- Signs, poms, megaphones, banners and flags to incorporate into Game-Action Cheers Evaluation – Spirit Camps Only
- Rally Attire – See Rally Night Information Form – Spirit Camps Only
- Mace or Military Baton, Gloves, and Whistle – Drum Major Camps Only
For program specific curriculum and evaluation information, please see the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
We value your feedback! In addition to the curriculum specific How Was Camp form given on the last day of camp, we would love to have each coach attending camp provide their feedback via a short digital survey. Either text “USA” to 36698 or visit usa.varsity.com/survey to get started!
Be part of something bigger! Please remind each participant to bring 2 addresses to camp to complete the 2 St. Jude letters for the Squad Credentialing program. Students completing 5 letters will receive a St. Jude pin!
USA/UCLA Spirit Spectacular!
SAVE THE DATE! If you are a USA Summer Camp customer, you have the opportunity to perform on the field with the USA Staff in front of thousands of college football fans at the UCLA vs. Hawaii football game on September 9, 2017, at the historic Rose Bowl!
Get a game ticket, practice time with USA Staff to brush up on material, a souvenir and experience college game day at its finest all included in one low price!
Ask your State Director and CLICK HERE for more information!
SAVE THE DATE for USA one day competitions. Online registration will be opening soon.
CLICK HERE to check out dates and locations!
Be sure to click on the arrows next to the states to expand the dates.
We’ll see you back at the Anaheim Convention Center for the 2018 USA DANCE NATIONALS!
March 30-31, 2018
Travel with the USA!
Students selected as All Americans at camp have the opportunity to travel to London with Varsity Spirit and perform in the London New Year’s Day Parade. Have fun meeting other spiritleaders, dancers and drum majors from across the country and make amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
Captains and co-captains have the opportunity to take part in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular in Orlando, Florida, while Superior Plaque winners can take part in a fun Citrus Bowl performance over New Year’s!
Click HERE for more info!