Cal Lutheran University (60 W Olsen Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360)
- Drum Major Camp is July 13 – July 16, 2017
- Band Leadership Camp is July 14 & 15, 2017
Every attendee is required to complete and bring a Varsity Spirit Release and Waiver Form.
For Drum Major Camp, registration is at Grace Hall. It runs from 9 a.m. until noon on July 13. Please see the map button linked on this page for the best route. Please get to the Opening Ceremony meeting location by 1:30 p.m. for a 2 p.m. start.
For Band Leadership Camp, registration is at Grace Hall at 9 a.m. on July 14. Please keep in mind that the first class begins at 10 a.m., so give yourself enough time to register and get to your first class.
Be sure to look for the Varsity Camp Administration (VCA) staff wearing the red polo shirt for assistance upon arrival.
Meals start with dinner on night 1 and end with breakfast on the last day.
Wifi will not be available to attendees while on campus.
Keep in mind that this is a closed camp. Parents/guardians, family and friends are welcome to support the students during closing ceremonies on the last day beginning at 11:30 a.m. Thanks!
As a reminder, if you are commuting, you will follow the same schedule as our overnight students. The only difference is that you are not staying in the dorms each night.
Drum Major Camps
Prepare and develop your leadership and performance skills with a customized camp experience led by the professional USA Drum Major Staff!
We can’t wait to see you at Cal Lutheran University!
Other Camp Notes
- Sleeping bag or blankets, pillow, linens and towels
- Fan/Snacks/Water for Dorm Room (optional)
- Toiletries and Shower Shoes
- Alarm clock
- Completed and signed Release and Waiver Form
- Practice clothes, comfortable shoes, sweatshirt or jacket (Dressy clothes not necessary)
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water bottle to keep with you during class times
- Spending money to use at the Varsity Spirit Shop (optional)
- Most participants bring $50 – $55 for snacks, water, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc. (optional)
- Mace or Military Baton, Gloves, and Whistle – Drum Major Camps Only
For rules and procedures (including camp rules, videotaping policy, etc.), please visit the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
If you are selected as a USA All American and are interested in the London Tour, please see: http://london.varsity.com/. Join us for the trip of a lifetime!
Join USA as we take the field for a memorable on field performance during the UCLA vs. Hawaii football game on September 9, 2017, at the historic Rose Bowl. For one low price, you get practice time with USA Staff, a game day ticket, a commemorative souvenir and an amazing on field performance opportunity — oh, a TON of fun! For more information, check out: http://www.usacamps.com/ucla.
USA Camp Grows Success in Leadership and Performance
- USA’s Leadership program is relevant, practical and designed to support the Band Director
- Complete and balanced program: Leadership, Spinning, Conducting, Specialty Sessions and Private Coaching Session
- Designed for beginners to the most advanced skill levels, including 11 levels of instruction and technique rooted in fundamentals and tailored for your region’s style 3 different performance evaluations with feedback and award
USA Provides a Customized Camp Experience Rooted in FUNdamentals
- Personalized instruction with a 12 to 1 Teaching ratio
- Choose from 9 different types of camp to fit any style or budget
- 11 different levels of instruction and technique rooted in fundamentals and tailored for your region’s style
- Specialty sessions give the opportunity to focus on topics for personal interest or growth
- Unique opportunity to connect and network with other Drum Majors and Leaders over 4 days
Professional, Experienced Staff Backed By a Strong 68 Year Tradition
- Instructors are a diverse range of professionals including Credentialed Teachers, University Drum Majors, Adjudicators, Band Directors, Private Instructors and Professional Conductors chosen for their superior technical skills and teaching abilities.
- Instructors participate in year-round program development and training, qualifying them to teach all styles of spinning, conducting, and peer leadership
- Every camp comes complete with a full time support staff and main office contact