Scroll Down for More “Need-to-Know” Info
Other Camp Notes
- Completed and signed Release and Waiver Form
- Practice clothes, tennis shoes/dance shoes, sweatshirt or jacket (Dressy clothes not necessary)
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water bottle to keep with you during class times
- Spending money to use at the Varsity Spirit Shop (optional)
- Most participants bring $50 – $55 for snacks, water, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc. (optional)
- Matching uniforms/outfits for evaluations, etc. (optional) – Spirit and Dance Camps Only
- MP3 player with speaker (these are not provided at camp). Note: Each school will receive a code which will allow you to download the USA Summer Camp music.
- Activity equipment (e.g. poms, mascot costume, etc.).
- Signs, poms, megaphones, banners and flags to incorporate into evaluation – Spirit Camps Only
- Class Competition Night Attire (see info below)
GLOW for it at our “Class Competition” the final night of camp!
Get in the spirit by going all out in your “class color” after dinner. Get ready for a night of high energy fun! Class colors are as follows:
- Seniors — CLASS OF 2018 – Pink
- Juniors — CLASS OF 2019 – Blue
- Sophomores — CLASS OF 2020 – Green
- Freshmen — CLASS OF 2021 – Orange
For program specific curriculum and evaluation information, please see the Event Paperwork tab of My Team Registrations in the Varsity Portal.
We value your feedback! In addition to the curriculum specific How Was Camp form given on the last day of camp, we would love to have each coach attending camp provide their feedback via a short digital survey. Either text “USA” to 36698 or visit usa.varsity.com/survey to get started!
Be part of something bigger! Please remind each participant to bring 2 addresses to camp to complete the 2 St. Jude letters for the Squad Credentialing program. Students completing 5 letters will receive a St. Jude pin!
USA/UCLA Spirit Spectacular!
SAVE THE DATE! If you are a USA Summer Camp customer, you have the opportunity to perform on the field with the USA Staff in front of thousands of college football fans at the UCLA vs. Hawaii football game on September 9, 2017, at the historic Rose Bowl!
Get a game ticket, practice time with USA Staff to brush up on material, a souvenir and experience college game day at its finest all included in one low price!
Ask your State Director for more information!
Want even more one-on-one time with a USA Instructor?
Sign up for GAMETIME LIVE! Schedule a USA Instructor to watch you in action on the sideline in the fall, then get immediate verbal feedback, followed up with written feedback and a 2 hour private clinic to make adjustments that will wow your crowd!
Need a unity routine for a pep rally or halftime? Call your State Director! We can add transitions and stunts that will pull your routines and program together on the field and off.
Travel with the USA!
Students selected as All Americans at camp have the opportunity to travel to London with Varsity Spirit and perform in the London New Year’s Day Parade. Have fun meeting other spiritleaders, dancers and drum majors from across the country and make amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
Captains and co-captains have the opportunity to take part in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular in Orlando, Florida! Look out for more information at USA Camp during your Captains’ Huddle!
Click HERE for info!